Friday, May 23, 2008

It's not too late to save yourself.

I watch TV. I hate it, but the truth maintains that I watch TV. I don't watch it often. I ignore it during the day and purposely avoid primetime television. It's full of crap that is created to simply brainwash the viewer and make them spend more money. Whatever..if you have the money and wish to blow it on bullshit, all power to you. My problem is that I have not found my niche in life yet, and cannot afford to pay attention to the brainwashing media.

What is my point? Ah yes...out of all the television I actually 'watch', a decent percentage of it is late night paid programming. I watch it, not to find something I can buy, but because it's a very interesting sociological observance. To really focus on these maniacs hosting their own little feature length commercial is out of this world. Do it. Stay up late one night and watch these infomercials. Then ask yourself, "Can I imagine myself doing the exact same thing this host is doing?" You'll have a mind-attack. You'll realize that some people exist and have been trained to sound 'appealing' to the common populace. They appeal mainly to fat middle aged housewives who have no job.

What else does this sound like? When I sit and criticize these television infomercials, another largely popular bullshit fest comes to mind....religion. I sit and tend to compare these bitches selling sharp knives or an indoor botanical garden that grows plump tomatoes with the christian fanatics who have their own television specials. Not only that, but with christianity in general. I notice they share the same characteristics. They both act overzealous. They act very excited about their product (god). Hence, my point... the god christians seek is itself a product. It's just another mindless money making scheme. Capitalism has brought upon a race for fortune, and I guarantee the first sought upon source was religion. I personally even believe that the sole reason christianity is as popular as it is today is because it was marketed as much as the IPOD was. Think about it, truly.

Do you want an IPOD as much as you want salvation? How about a BMW? How about EVERYTHING ELSE THAT IS ADVERTISED ON TV? I'm not trying to up the reliability of religion by making it seem small compared to advertising...I'm trying to show you that religion exists only as a marketing tool. When individuals have an epiphany and become 'saved' in religion, it's usually to fit in. What does advertising for materialistic product make us do? The exact same thing. There's a gigantic connection here, folks. I can't reiterate enough that it is in fact an epidemic of epic proportions. Obesity, cancer, AIDS...those diseases have nothing against the rise of 'christianity' or 'islam' or whatever the fuck other religions promote discrimination and murder.

Christianity is as important as an IPOD. The only problem is the christian fad will outlast the IPOD. Product does not kill cities at a time. Product does not keep bordering countries at war near as badly as religion does.

Open your eyes and see the relevance. Join the current resistance. Don't become a mindless zombie following socialized norm. Be free. Use your mind. Don't let THEM use it for you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you haven't, nor ever will appreciate any comment I have to offer. I am by no means disagreeing with you, but simply stating that each man has his own truth. What you are doing is spewing out your truths like overzealous Christians spew out theirs. Its an endless cycle, and I am over it already.

Skoolz said...

Respectfully stated. I just disagree that Christians have any 'truth' to spew forward. Hence...the creation of my entire blog.